Zoom video conferencing will soon be available free of charge to faculty, staff and students at UD by the end of the calendar year. Zoom is a complete conference room solution providing desktop video conferencing with simple online meetings.
Zoom offers an excellent video, audio, and screen-sharing experience across all systems with intuitive connections to Windows, Mac, Linux, Chrome OS, iOS, Android, Blackberry.
More Features and Benefits
- Login with your UDelNet ID and password.
- Full Canvas integration plus intuitive connection to Google Apps and social media.
- Meetings can be recorded as HD video and high quality audio MP4 files.
- All faculty, staff, and students can host and record meetings.
- Host a meeting with up to 100 participants.
- Can be HIPAA compliant.
- Seamless transition for existing Zoom udel.edu accounts.
- Toll-free number for participants via phone.
Timeline for Implementation
The new enterprise license will launch at the end of the calendar year. A more complete timeline will be available soon.
In the meantime, you can sign up for a free Basic Zoom account now using your udel.edu email address at http://zoom.us/
Your free account will be upgraded automatically to Pro at the end of the calendar year.
UDIT will provide training sessions for Zoom, and a training schedule will be announced during the fall semester.
If you want to start learning about Zoom now, a library of video tutorials and FAQs are available on our Zoom site https://sites.udel.edu/ats/conferencing/zoom/
If you have any questions or need additional assistance, please contact the IT Support Center at (302) 831-6000 or email at email@example.com.
Need help? Faculty Commons Partners are here to help! Give us a call at (302)831-0640 or stop by 116 Pearson Hall, Monday through Friday, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm.
Was this article helpful?
Let us know by giving us a like or leaving a comment below. Your input helps us make better content in the future! Have another suggestion, send us your feedback via our Google Form!