Updates and FYIs for Early Spring 2021
- Thinking of using a library ebook, a film from our streaming media collections, or an open textbook in your Spring course? Reach out to your liaison librarian now, as it may take some time to configure the resources for your course. For more options for how the library can support your course, see: https://commons.udel.edu/2020/10/20/winter-course-materials/
- Updates on proctoring services for online courses during Spring 2021.
- The UD Online Testing Center has reopened with limited capacity to proctor exams on-site at its Newark location. The Testing Center will also continue to coordinate remote proctoring with ProctorU. Instructors interested in these services for the spring semester can submit a request.
- The UD Online Testing Center is also offering some synchronous testing blocks for both in-person and remote proctoring for online synchronous classes. Availability is limited with preference given to courses with 50 or less students that would test on a Monday or Tuesday. Interested instructors should submit a request form before the start of the spring semester.
- Guidance for instructors on additional assessment options, including open-book exams and alternative assessments, can be viewed in Assessment & Proctoring Options for Online Courses and https://commons.udel.edu/teaching-online/assess/.
- Poll Everywhere – Our Newest Online Polling Tool: Poll Everywhere is an online polling platform that is able to collect real-time responses from students using any computer or mobile device with internet access. Poll Everywhere can be used in a variety of situations: remote participation, on-campus participation, or remote participation in on-campus classes and it is easy to use in a variety of learning environments; Zoom, Canvas, Google Slides, PowerPoint or face-to-face classes.
- Learn more about Poll Everywhere at:
- Canvas New Rich Content Text Editor (as of January 2021)
- Learn more about the new upgrades Canvas Text Editor at:
- The Faculty Commons Virtual Welcome and Support Bar is still open! https://udel.zoom.us/j/3028310640
- Monday – Friday 8:30am-4:30pm. No appointment needed.
- Need some support at a different time? ATS has a resource to support your Spring 2021 courses: https://sites.udel.edu/ats/classroom/